Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Sentiments Exactly ....

VDH almost always hits the nail right on the head:

I Just Don't Believe . . . [Victor Davis Hanson]

For some reason, I don’t believe that eventually halving the now-tripled budget deficit means either a better net yearly financial picture or less accumulated aggregate debt. And for some reason, I don’t believe that promises of the most ethical cabinet in history result in anything different from what we’ve seen in the past. And, for some reason, I don’t believe that talking about government waste and financial sobriety means reduced government expenditure. And for some reason, I don’t believe that much publicized outreach to the Russians, Syrians, Iranians, and Hamas will result in either in a safer world or an enhanced reputation of the United States. And, for some reason, I don’t believe that “Bush did it” and “We inherited [fill in the blanks]” is either “bipartisanship” or will ever really cease. And, for some reason, I just don’t believe that teleprompted eloquence is the same thing as either impromptu mastery of issues, candor and modesty, or good-faith governance.

No comments:

Post a Comment